Wendy's Rescue Inc, is a registered non profit, approved 501C3 rescue. We are a foster/home base rescue and therefore we cannot accept owner surrenders. For more information on this please visit our resources area.
We are a VEGAN rescue and take pride in feeding our rescues and personal dogs healthy nutritious vegan food. Here, we value and respect all life.
Wendy's Rescue's Mission is to Save Lives
There are plenty of way of helping to save lives by helping reduce pet intake at high kill shelter. Here are some steps:
1) Reduce Pet Intake At High Kill, No Kill, and Rescue orgs. If you find a dog or cat or if you cannot longer keep your pet, instead of taking him or her to a kill shelter try finding a SAFE place for her/him by posting the dog on local news papers, networking sites like Facebook, ask local rescues if you can bring your pets to their local adoption events. There is so much more you can do other than taken your dog to a kill shelter. Please take the time and help save the pet's life.Check out our resources page
2) Spay and Neuter Programs. Providing low cost Spay and Neuter programs will completely help reduce the over population of pets. Visit our resources page for further info on low cost or free clinics
3) TNR: Trap, Neuter (or spay) and Release. We all have colony of cats living in our neighborhood. Cats live in colonies, they search for other cats to live among them. They live and respect each other. Problem is these cats are not neutered or spayed which allows them to multiply at high rights. This might be a problem for some people in your neighborhood who will call a cat trapper and have these cats trapped and taken to a local high kill shelter where 98% of time they are killed. To prevent this many people, just like you, volunteer their time to doing TNR. They trap these cats, take them to local free or low cost spay n neuter clinics and have them neutered or spayed, their ears clipped, and then return to their colonies. This helps reduce the number of cats being born in these colonies and reduce or completely stop the killing of these beautiful creatures.
4) Educating YOUR Community: Now that you know exactly what happens at kill shelters it is YOUR responsibility to educate others in your community. it is up to US to teach others how to reduce pet intake at their kill shelters.
5) Volunteer: Volunteer at your local shelter, rescue, or community. They are in desperate need of help and need YOU. This is a long form text area designed for your content that you can fill up with as many words as your heart desires. You can write articles, long mission statements, company policies, executive profiles, company awards/distinctions, office locations, shareholder reports, whitepapers, media mentions and other pieces of content that don’t fit into a shorter, more succinct space.